Try these melt in the mouth chicken kababs, very to prepare and ready in no time. The chicken mince is ground to a fine paste along with some aromatics and spices and blended with the richness of cream and cheese. The kababs are then shaped and grilled to perfection. Served hot on its own with a mint chutney or wrapped in a soft rumali or pita bread, the choice is yours.
Serving size: Makes 10 big size kababs.
Marinating time: 1 hour
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes per batch
- 500 gms chicken mince
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cream (or tetra pack/tin)
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs (or 2 slices of bread soaked in milk)
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- cooking oil as needed
- 10 wooden skewers (optional)
- If you do not have ready made chicken mince, then put the boneless chicken breast cubes into a chopper and pulse for few seconds.
- Keep all the above ingredients ready.
- Chop coriander, mint leaves and green chilies.
- You can also used grated ginger and garlic instead of paste.
- In a chopper add first 9 ingredients from the list. Blend it till everything is well combined.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl and add cream, bread crumbs or slices, grated cheese and salt.
- Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes or 1 hour.
- Take some water in a bowl, dip your hands in it and take 2 tbsp of chicken mixture. Shape it around the skewer and flatten it for even and quick cooking. You can make any shapes even without using the skewer. (e.g small cutlets, oval etc)
- Heat 2 to 3 tbsp of oil in a grill pan or any normal non stick pan. Place the kababs and cook on low flame for 10 minutes on each sides. Can also cook by placing the lid.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.