A savoury crepe stuffed with Peri Peri Chicken stuffing which can be an excellent snack food for High Teas or a healthy and filling Iftar delicacy.
For Peri Peri Chicken Stuffing
- 500 gms Boneless Chicken
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion finely chopped
- 5 tbsp Cooking oil
Grind to a fine paste:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 to 5 dry red chilies (as per taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano powder
- 1 tsp paprika / red chili powder
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar / white vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely chop boneless chicken (can also use chicken mince).
- Prepare the peri peri paste and marinate chicken in it for 1 hour.
- Chop onion and spring onion and keep ready.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped onion till light golden.
- Add marinated chicken, stir well, cover and cook till chicken is fully done and all the water has dried up. To that add chopped spring onion.
- Check the salt and other seasoning, if required adjust accordingly.
- Remove from heat and cool it completely before using it as a stuffing.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Mix all the above mentioned ingredients for crepe in a large bowl till you get a smooth mixture.
- Heat a non stick pan and grease it with few drops of oil.
- Pour a ladle full (2 or 3 tbsp) of batter on the pan and slowly rotate the pan in such a way that batter spreads evenly over the pan making thin crepes.
- Cook for 1 minute and flip over the crepe and again cook for 30 seconds on the other side.
- Remove in a plate and cool before adding the stuffing.
- This batter will make 6 to 7 medium size crepes.
For Peri Peri Chicken Crepes
- Make a flour mixture to stick the edges. (1 tbsp plain flour + 2 tbsp water)
- Take a crepe and place a tbsp of chicken stuffing in the middle of the crepe.
- Fold the crepe from all four sides to make a square shaped pocket.
- Stick the edges with a mixture of 1 tbsp of flour and 2 tbsp of water.
- Heat 2 or 3 tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the folded crepes on both sides till golden.
- Serve hot with chili sauce.