Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 gms meat mince (beef/mutton)
- 1 tbsp. ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tbsp fried onion
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- Add all the above ingredients into a chopper or mixer jar of the grinder and grind to a smooth dough.
- Refrigerate the mince mixture for 1 hour. (till then you can prepare the gravy)
- Take 2 tbsp of mince mixture in wet hands, and give them the shape of your choice. (round or oval or cylindrical).
- Keep the shaped koftas ready, as they will be added directly into the gravy for further cooking.
Ingredients for gravy:
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp shahi jeera (caraway seeds)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fried onion
- 1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
- 8 to 10 cashewnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4 to 5 whole green chilies (as per your taste)
- 5 tbsp of cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Whole Spices: 1" cinnamon stick and 3 cardamom
- Keep the koftas ready.
- Mix 1 cup yogurt with 2 tbsp tomato puree.
- Make a paste by grinding together: 1/2 cup fried onion, 1/4 cup coconut & cashewnuts
- Heat 5 tbsp or little more cooking oil in a wide sauce pan and add the whole spices. Then add 1 tsp shahi jeera and chopped onion. Fry till light golden.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste, 2 tsp red chili powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder and fry for few seconds.
- Then add yogurt & tomato puree mixture, salt and mix well. Cover and cook on low flame for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When gravy starts boiling, slowly add koftas one by one without over crowding the gravy.
- Stir slightly by rotating the vessel (do not use spoon or ladle for stirring). Cover and cook on medium to low flame for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add the coconut, cashewnut and fried onion paste along with whole green chilies, lemon juice and garam masala powder. Stir gently with ladle until everything is well combined.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes on low flame. (the mince is ground so it cooks really fast)
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Step by step pictures
You might also like other curries: