- 2 cups Sezchuan Chicken Stuffing
- 20 spring roll sheets (ready made)
- 2 tbsp plain flour + 3 tbsp water (for sticking the sides)
- 3 cups cooking oil for deep frying or 1 tbsp for air frying
For Sezchuan Chicken Stuffing
- 1 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
Method for Chicken stuffing:
- Heat oil in a flat pan and fry grated ginger and garlic for half a minute. Then add cooked chicken, 1 tsp red chili flakes, 1 tsp black pepper powder and salt. Stir well and cook on low heat.
- Then add 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp red chili sauce. After few seconds add cabbage, carrot, spring onion and 1 tsp sugar. Cook for 1 minute and then turn off the heat.
- Remove the chicken stuffing in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Take 2 tbsp of chicken mixture and stuff into each spring roll wrap, stick the edges with flour and water mixture. See the video for method of folding.
- The spring rolls can either be deep fried or air fried.
- Deep Frying - Heat oil in a deep sauce pan and fry the spring rolls in medium low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Air Frying - Brush some oil over the spring rolls and place the rolls in the air frying basket. Cook for 10 minutes at 200 deg C
- Serve hot.
For Homemade Spring roll sheet
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of hot water
- Make a stiff dough by mixing all the above ingredients and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Take each part and again divide into two.
- Roll out the two parts into a disc of equal size of about 4 inch diameter.
- Smear oil on both the disc and stick the discs to each other with greased side.
- Roll out into a thin roti. Repeat the steps 3 - 6 with the remaining dough.
- See the video for the steps.
- Heat a pan and roast the roti on both sides till it is just transparent.
- Remove from pan and separate both the sheets.
- Use these sheets as spring roll or samosa sheets.