|Spicy Mango Chicken Wings|
Now that mangoes are all over the place and every year I keep looking for recipes different from what I had made the previous year. And then comes a time when I just puree them all and preserve the pulp as ice cubes, just to stretch the life of this royal fruit for a couple of months more.
Let me tell you about this recipe and how did I stumble upon it. This recipe of Spicy mango Chicken Wings is inspired by Tasty Videos which go viral every time they release a new video. I prepared the original recipe which was mind blowing, and then in the second attempt, I wanted to give a slight twist to the recipe which would suit the taste buds of my Indian and Pakistani readers.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes + 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour approx
- 500 grams chicken wings
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (for marinade)
- 1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 5 dry red chilies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinate chicken wings with lemon juice and salt for 1 hour.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying. (You can also shallow fry with less oil or even bake in the oven)
- In a bowl, mix together - plain flour, red chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper powder, and salt. Coat marinated chicken wings with this flour mixture and deep fry till golden. Set aside.
- In grinding jar, add chopped mangoes, garlic, dry red chilies, white vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat a saucepan and cook the mango mixture along with 3 tablespoons of brown sugar for 5 minutes or till it gets a thick consistency.
- Remove from heat and cool a bit. Reserve 1/2 cup of mango sauce to be used as a dip.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C.
- Coat the fried chicken wings in cooked mango sauce. Lay them side by side on a greased baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or till the chicken wings turn crispy and golden.
- Serve the baked chicken wings hot along with more mango sauce as a dip.