|Basil Chia Seeds Yogurt Fruit Parfait|
Fruit Parfait is a healthy and nutritious dessert packed with fruits, nuts, and honey. With added chia and basil seeds makes it high in antioxidants, fiber, calcium and proteins. Let me tell you some of the differences between Basil Seeds and Chia Seeds. Basil seeds need to be soaked before consuming it, whereas chia seeds can be added directly without any preparation.
Basil seeds are black, tiny and round whereas Chia seeds are more oval in shape and light in color. Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants, fiber, calcium and proteins. Basil Seeds are rich in Iron.
This dessert is perfect for the summer season and also an ideal dish to start with after long hours of fasting in the month of 'Ramadan'.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
You can watch the video here:
- 3 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon basil seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (you can also add sugar)
- Chopped mixed fruits of your choice
- 1 medium size mango chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- Few walnuts chopped (or any other nuts)
- Soak basil and chia seeds in 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together - yogurt, soaked basil & chia seeds and honey.
- Take a serving glass or any individual bowl. Make a layer of chopped mixed fruits.
- In mixed fruits, I have used - 1 strawberry, 1 kiwi, chopped melon, chopped plum, and banana.
- On top of fruits, add yogurt mixture as next layer followed by chopped mangoes.
- Again add more yogurt mixture, topped with chopped dates and walnuts.
- Serve chilled.
You might also like:
|Strawberry Mango Salsa|
|Strawberry Jam Cheesecake Shots|