This recipe for Kadhai Mutton Chops is similar to that of what you get in a Pakistani restaurant. The meat pieces are cooked separately in a pressure cooker to speed up the cooking procedure.
The spices and aromatics used are very less but the flavors are great. In a Pakistani cooking style, a lot of tomatoes and chopped fresh ginger is used mainly for most of the kadhai dishes. This dish goes very well as a side dish with steamed rice and dal, or you can just relish it with hot phulkas or parathas.
Kadhai Mutton Chops
- 1 kilogram mutton chops
- 2 medium size onion sliced
- 3 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste 1 tbsp. + 1 tbsp.
- ½ cup yogurt
- 4 to 5 green chilies roughly chopped
- 2 piece of ginger julienned 1 inch each
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes crushed dry red chilies
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- First boil the mutton pieces in a pressure cooker with salt, 1 tbsp. ginger & garlic paste and 2 cup water.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add bay leaf, whole cumin, and sliced onion. Fry till soft.
- Then add 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste, turmeric, red chili flakes. Fry for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft and oil separates.
- Add cooked mutton pieces with 1 cup of its water, yogurt, garam masala powder chopped green chilies and ginger pieces. Taste and add salt.
- Cook for 10 more minutes till mutton is well combined with all the spices.
- The consistency should not be too dry. It should be like a thick gravy.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.