Joojeh Kabab with Saffron Rice is a delicious and aromatic Persian delicacy. Boneless chicken pieces are marinated with aromatic saffron, yogurt, and onion, grilled to perfection making it tender and succulent Persian kababs.
I would like to wish all my readers, my friends, and my good wishers ‘A very happy and prosperous New Year ‘. Let us all welcome this new year with full of life, happiness, and love. And this is how we all normally start our new year with this common phrase ‘prosperous’ and ‘happy’. But have you ever thought, as to what exactly makes the year a prosperous one?
To make our whole year a prosperous one, we need to make good use of our time by prioritizing our tasks and keeping ourselves from distraction. All this is much easier said than done, isn’t it? But let me tell you the best way to go about it.
By the grace and mercy of Allah, this time I can truly say that 2017 was a prosperous year for me because I designed my each ‘day’ to make my ‘week’ a productive one. And I planned my weeks to make a ‘fruitful month’ and all these 12 months gave me a prosperous year. On this note, I would like to thank the Almighty and then all my readers and my well-wishers who have supported and encouraged me to keep going. I also take pleasure in announcing my 31-day Blogging Marathon starting today. In this marathon, you will see 31 new recipes that will be uploaded back to back for 31 consecutive days and it will be possible only with your love and support, so do share with your friends and stay tuned to see a new recipe each day for the whole month.
To get the updates on this 31-Day Blogging Marathon you can follow me on Instagram @rafiqshahnaz
Facebook Page Shanaz Rafiq
Youtube Channel: Shanaz Rafiq (for cooking videos)
I have already mentioned in my previous post of Kabab Koobeideh, my love for Persian Food. Again I would like to highlight the fact that Persian food is very easy to prepare, with minimal ingredients and yet the dishes are so delicious and bursting with flavors. No artificial or processed ingredients are used, that’s the reason you get the feeling of freshness with each bite.
You can watch the video here:
Joojeh Kabab with Saffron Rice ~ Persian Kabab
Boneless chicken pieces marinated with aromatic saffron, yogurt, and onion, grilled to perfection making it tender and succulent Persian kababs.
- 500 grams boneless chicken pieces cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion grated
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron strands soaked in 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For Saffron Rice:
- 2 cups basmati rice
- Butter as needed
- Pinch of saffron strands for rice
- 1 cup = 250 ml
- Step 1 Marinate chicken pieces with grated onion, yogurt, lemon juice, soaked saffron with water, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, salt and olive oil for 5 to 6 hours.
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 250 degrees and grill for 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side. Try to keep the kababs close to the top flame and turn it once after 10 minutes of cooking.
- Step 3 You can also cook the kababs on a grill pan or an ordinary pan by shallow frying on medium heat till the chicken pieces are fully cooked.
- Step 4 For Saffron Rice: Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes. Heat enough of water and salt to cook the rice. Add the soaked rice and cook till it is 90% done. Drain the water and return the cooked rice back to the saucepan. Add 2 to 3 tablespoon butter and soaked saffron strands to the rice (see the video). Cover the saucepan with a foil sheet and cook the rice on low flame for 10 minutes (dum cooking). Serve the rice hot along with the kababs and grilled tomatoes.