Chicken Chili Quesadilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Chili Chicken Stuffing:
- 500 grams boneless chicken finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped green capsicum
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp +1 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Chili flakes as required
For the wrap
- Make a soft dough by combining all the above ingredients. Divide the dough into lemon size balls. Take each lemon size ball and further divide it into two parts. Roll out each part into small equal size discs. Smear oil on each disc and dust with some flour. Stick both the discs and roll out into a normal size roti/tortilla. Heat a few drops of cooking oil and cook the roti on both sides. Remove from heat and separate both the layers (as shown in the video). Set aside and prepare the chicken stuffing.
For Chicken Stuffing
- Marinate chicken pieces with garlic paste, 2 tbsp chili sauce, red chili powder, cumin powder, dry oregano powder, lemon juice, and salt for 30 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and cook marinated chicken till fully done. Add a few drops of water if needed. Then add chopped capsicum, sliced onion, and 1 tbsp hot sauce. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- To assemble the Quesadilla: Heat some oil in a grill pan and place a sheet of roti/tortilla.
- Spread 2 tbsp of chicken stuffing followed by tomato slices, a handful of grated mozzarella cheese, chopped coriander leaves, and red chili flakes.
- Place the other sheet on top and cook till the bottom portion turns crisp.
- Carefully flip over the whole quesadilla and cook on the other side as well till crispy and golden.
- Remove and cut into four parts and serve hot.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.