Garlic Herbed Rolls
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Warm water for kneading the dough
For garlic spread :
- 75 grams soft salted butter
- 6 cloves of garlic grated 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilies or red chili flakes
- 4 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds kalonji
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup is 250ml
- In small bowl mix yeast with 2 tbsp of warm water and sugar and set aside till it froths. (10 min)
- Take a big mixing bowl and add plain flour. Make a dent in the center and pour the yeast mixture. Also, add salt and olive oil and combine everything together and knead well to form a soft dough. Set aside in a covered container till the dough rises to its double size. (1 hour)
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
- Prepare the garlic spread by mixing garlic, chilies and fresh coriander leaves into the butter.
- After the dough is ready, knead it again to remove the air. Transfer the dough on a floured surface and roll out to a 1/2 ” thichness disc.
- Spread the garlic butter all over it and sprinkle cheese, oregano, nigella seeds and reserve a bit of each to be sprinkled at a later stage.
- Roll up the flattend dough tightly like a swiss roll. Cut the roll into slices of 1.5 ” thickness. Place the slices cut side up on a baking tray. Sprinkle the remaining bit of cheese, oregano and nigella seeds over the slices and bake in the oven for 30 min or till the crust turns golden.
- Serve hot with any dip of your choice or a spicy tomato ketchup.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.