Spicy Chicken Pasta
- 2 cups uncooked pasta of your choice shell
For the sauce:
- 1 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cube of vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh green coriander
- ½ cup cream
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
To cook pasta
- Take a large saucepan and and cook pasta in boiling and salted water. When it is 80 % cooked sieve it drizzles some oil and set aside covered.
For the sauce
- Heat oil and add garlic. Fry till aromatic and light brown then add onion. Fry for sometime till it becomes soft and pink. Then add chopped tomatoes and all ingredients except for cream and coriander.
- Now add shredded chicken pieces and if you wish can add some vegetables (carrot, capsicum). Place the lid and cook for a minute. If the sauce sticks to the pan add some water in which pasta was cooked.
- Just before serving, take a fresh nonstick pan. Heat some butter and add 2 tbsp of the cooked sauce with chicken. To this sauce add 1 serving size pasta (1/2 cup) and 2 tbsp of cream. Mix well and cook for few seconds on medium-high heat and serve immediately with chopped coriander.
- Or you can skip step 4 and mix all the cooked pasta with sauce in the same pan, add cream and fresh coriander… cook for sometime and serve in a big platter or bowl.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.