It is quite common to see leftover rice while doing a fridge raid. I almost stare at it for a few seconds thinking about how to get rid of it. Well, you can still do something when it is just a day old….do not entertain anything beyond that. I know of quite a lot of options where you can turn a day-old leftover rice into something new…..but now that’s too boring…you must have heard of lemon rice, fried rice, and rice that goes into idli batter.
I finally tried to invent my own recipe with the leftover rice sitting in my fridge. Instead of using my usual Indian spices, I felt like giving it a Mexican taste. I suggest that you can try giving some different flavors and experiment with them and share with me your own version of this dish.
Mexican Rice And Cheese Bombers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 3 tbsp. pickled jalapeno chopped or 2 green chillies chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley or fresh coriander chopped
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ¼ tsp oregano optional
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- corn flour for dusting
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well to a sticky dough. Take a spoonful of mixture and shape into small balls. Roll each ball into corn flour and refrigerate for 15 to 20 min.
- Deep fry in medium hot oil and serve hot .
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.