South Indian Style Green Coconut Chutney | Spicy Coconut Dip
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 piece ginger 1 inch grated
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 green chili chopped or as per taste
- ½ tsp cumin whole
- 1 tsp full tamarind pulp or 1/4 cup tamarind soaked juice
- 3 tbsp roasted chana dal Snack Dal
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 cup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 curry leaves.
- Grind all the above ingredients with a half cup of water to a smooth paste. Before taking out from the grinding jar, taste and check the seasoning and adjust the salt, chili, and tamarind accordingly. Add water if needed according to the consistency of your choice. Add more water if you want it thin and less water to keep the chutney dry.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a small pan, when medium hot add 1 tsp urad dal and 1 tsp mustard grains. When it starts crackling, add 2 dry red chilies and 4 to 5 curry leaves.
- Keep for few seconds and pour on the chutney.
- To be served with Idli, Dosa or as a sandwich spread.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.