Red Velvet Cutlet with Cream Cheese
- 2 cups boiled & grated potatoes
- 1 cup steamed & grated beetroot
- ½ cup steamed & grated carrot
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 300 grams cheese triangles / grated cheddar cheese optional
- 3 tbsp plain flour mixed with 9 tbsp of water or more
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 tsp chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tsp amchoor powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil potatoes with skin. Peel and grate. Steam carrots and beetroot, grate and set aside. Mix plain flour with water to make a thin water-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, add grated potatoes, carrots, and beetroot along with allspice powders, salt, green chilies, garlic, and ginger.
- In a small bowl soak bread slice in water, then squeeze out all the water and add the soaked bread to potato mixture. Mix everything well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Take a tbsp of cutlet mixture and shape it into a ball, flatten it and stuff it with a piece of cheese cube. Dip the cutlet into the flour mixture and then into bread crumbs and give it a nice shape.
- Heat few drops of oil in a nonstick pan. Shallow fry the cutlets on low to medium flame on both sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.