I usually do not prefer to have much deep-fried food, but this one happens to be my personal favorite dish. The recipe is inspired by one of my aunt cum close friend Mrs. Veda. My whole family is a very big fan of her cooking. She is an amazing cook and this fried chicken is her specialty.
Chicken is cut into small pieces for the purpose of quick-cooking, and then marinated with regular spices and then deep-fried to perfection. Whenever I say ‘perfection’ means that chicken should be fried at the right temperature. Time is also an important factor whenever the meat is deep-fried. Frying for too long makes the chicken dry and rubbery. We can never assume the exact time for cooking, as it all depends on our intuition, our sense of sight (see the color change), texture, aroma, etc. It mostly comes with practice and the more you attempt making something, the more perfection you get. But nothing to worry, this is a very easy and simple recipe and I will try my best to guide you in the right way with my own personal tips.
More Chicken Recipes
If you have tried this dish, kindly give the feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends.
You can follow me on
Watch more recipe videos on Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ShanazRafiq
Email me: [email protected]
Fried Chicken Kabab
- 1 kilogram chicken with bone or boneless
- 2 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 2 egg whites only egg white
- 3 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder can alter according to your preference
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 curry leaves finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 pinch red food color optional
- 3 tsp salt
- 10 curry leaves for garnishing
- 4 cups cooking oil for deep frying 4 cups or more
- In a large mixing bowl add all the first 12 ingredients from the above list. Mix well and add few drops of water if the marinate is too dry.
- Marinate the chicken for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a deep sauce pan or kadhai. Once the oil is hot, reduce the flame and bring it down to medium to low heat. Do not add chicken pieces to very hot oil.
- Add one piece of chicken and test. The chicken piece should gently sizzle and not get burnt. If you feel the oil is too hot then switch off the flame to cool it down and later turn on the heat.
- Also make sure that oil should not be too cold.
- Once you get the right oil temperature, fry all the chicken pieces in 2 or 3 batches. Do not overcrowd the pan. There should be enough space in between the pieces.
- Cook each batch for about 10 minutes or less and not more than that. (7 minutes approx)
- Remove all the fried pieces on an absorbing kitchen paper.
- In the same oil, fry a handful of curry leaves and use it as garnish for chicken.
- Serve the fried chicken immediately as a starter.