A healthy way of having breakfast with wholemeal toast topped with guacamole and spicy stir-fried mushrooms.
Breakfast is the most favorite meal of my day. I like to have the most lavish and high-calorie food for breakfast. It is mostly eggs and toast with some vegetables I like to have for breakfast with a nice warm cup of cappuccino. My loved ones who know me well also know that I am a ‘Tea lover’ and can have tea at any time of the day. But for breakfast, it is coffee I prefer more than tea.
My personal thoughts about Breakfast: It is needless to speak about the benefits of breakfast as there is so much awareness going on regarding the first meal of the day. I really don’t mind skipping dinner for any reason, but breakfast is a must for me.
1. It helps maintain weight
By having a good breakfast, you can keep your weight in control and you tend to consume fewer calories throughout the day keeping yourself fuller and avoiding snacking on unhealthy food.
2. Sets you up for the day
I really look forward to the first meal of the day after waking up and that sets me up and energizes me for a productive day.
3. It helps kick-start your metabolism
After 12 hours of starvation, it helps to produce enzymes needed to metabolize fat and in turn, helps in weight loss.
4. Other benefits:
It helps to keep the blood sugar level in check, lower the risk of heart diseases, improves memory and the list goes on.
Avocado & Mushroom Breakfast Toast
For Guacamole: (Mix together in a bowl)
- 2 ripe avocados mashed pulp
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 10 button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika or 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Heat butter in a pan and fry chopped button mushrooms along with salt, black pepper, and paprika for 5 minutes.
- Toast the wholemeal bread till crisp. Spread 2 tablespoons of guacamole on the toast and top with cooked mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and red chili flakes.
- Serve as breakfast or as an evening snack.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention it in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with daily recipe share, follow my Facebook Page.