Chicken Tikka | Spicy Grilled Chicken
- 500 grams boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 piece of charcoal
- Ghee for basting
For Marinade ( Grind together to smooth paste)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup fried onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon mustard paste
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek powder
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder Allspice powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- Pinch of black salt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- Wash the chicken pieces and pat them dry with help of a kitchen tissue. Put slight incisions on the chicken.
- Take the ground paste and add 2 tbsp of yogurt and mix well. Marinate the chicken pieces in it for about 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250 deg. C.
- Also, keep a charcoal piece for burning on low flame. (burn it for 15 minutes)
- Take the bowl in which the chicken is marinating. Keep a small piece of foil and place a hot burning charcoal on it. Pour ghee over the charcoal and place a tight lid over the chicken for it to get fumigated. Don’t let the charcoal smoke escape through the lid. Leave the chicken in this way for about 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces on a baking tray and grill in the oven close to the top flame for about 20 minutes. Slightly brush ghee over each piece and grill for another 5 minutes or till chicken is done.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala powder and serve hot.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.