Tomato & Cheese Pasta | Tomato & Cheese Tagliatelle
- 300 grams Tagliatelle pasta
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cube chicken stock OR 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Heat water along with salt in a large vessel till it boils. Add the pasta in boiling water and cook till it is cooked ‘al dente’. Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of drained pasta water. Pour some oil over the pasta and set aside.
- Heat a saucepan and add 2 tbsp chopped garlic. Pour 4 tbsp of olive oil over the garlic and fry till it just turns color.
- Then add chopped onion and fry till it softens. Add tomato, 1 cube of chicken stock, 1 tbsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp sugar. Fry all for 2 minutes on medium heat till it looks like a sauce. If needed add few tbsp of water. (You can add 1 tbsp of curry powder instead of a stock cube)
- Just before serving, add boiled pasta to the warm sauce along with 1 cup grated cheese, 1/4th cup chopped parsley and butter. In case if the pasta becomes dry, add some of the reserved pasta water. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes till everything has combined well. Add salt only if needed as the cheese is already salty.
- Serve hot and fresh.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.