Bakwan Sayur - Vegetable Fritters | Indonesian Pakoda
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot shredded or coarsely grated
- 1 small green capsicum finely sliced
- 2 stems spring onion sliced
- 1 green chili chopped
For the batter:
- 1 cup plain flour + 1/4 cup more if needed
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt or as needed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¾ cup water or as needed
- 2 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 egg
- 3 cups of cooking oil for deep frying
- In a bowl add all the chopped vegetables like shredded cabbage, grated carrot, capsicum, spring onion, and green chilies. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl make a smooth batter by mixing plain flour, rice flour, salt, sugar, black pepper, and water. Add water slowly, little by little to get the right consistency (like a pancake batter consistency). Then add garlic and egg and whisk again.
- Let both the bowls be kept ready but separately.
- Just before frying, add the vegetables to the batter and mix well.
- First, do a test by dropping a small lump into the oil. If the mixture spread then you need to add a bit of more plain flour.
- Drop a spoonful of batter into the hot oil side by side and deep fry for 5 minutes. Do not overcrowd the oil by adding too many at once. Drain on a kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention it in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with daily recipe share, follow my Facebook Page.