A healthy way of having Omega 3 rich Salmon fillets marinated in mild tikka flavors, pan-fried to perfection. This can be served along with rice or mashed potatoes.
I must have tried a variety of marinades with this sea delicacy which is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. All I can say about this fish is that it has its own flavor and it does not need anything more than salt and pepper as seasoning. Salmon Tikka makes a perfect dinner platter with cooked rice, sauteed vegetables, and pan-fried Salmon fillets. A very ideal meal for weight watchers and those on a healthy diet.
Salmon is one of my favorites among the seafood, as it does not need any strong spices. It has its own flavor and does not give a strong aroma even while it is being cooked. In this recipe, I have tried to marinate the fish with a mild version of tikka flavors so that it does not overpower its original flavor.
Health Benefits Of Salmon:
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. This helps to reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure, improving overall heart health.
- Rich source of proteins, protecting bone health and maintaining muscle mass.
- Excellent source of B vitamins which is needed for producing energy and brain health.
- Good source of potassium which helps control blood pressure and prevent excess fluid retention.
- Helps in controlling weight.
You may also like similar recipes on the blog to be made with fish:
- 3 pieces salmon fillet
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 100 grams broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed kasoori methi
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Marinate the salmon steaks with salt, pepper, and lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- Mix together in a bowl, ginger, garlic, yogurt, kasoori methi, red chili, cumin, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric powders. Apply this mixture evenly only on the steaks and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, and shallow fry the fish on all sides till golden and cooked.
- In the same pan add broccoli and carrots, sprinkle some salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Saute for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Spread a layer of cooked rice on a serving plate, place the salmon tikka on top along with stir-fried broccoli and carrots.
- Serve hot.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention it in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with daily recipe share, follow my Facebook Page.