Dalgona Coffee is the most trending South Korean Style coffee. It is made with few ingredients and best served chilled with ice cubes. A perfect summer drink which is ready in few minutes.
In times of COVID-19 lockdown, people staying at home started to cook. Most of them started cooking their regular meals, some preferred baking and many tried making this viral coffee.
Dalgona coffee is now trending all over social media platforms. And that is the reason, I was curious to know the taste of this viral coffee. Finally, I decided to make a quick and short video of this whipped coffee and I must say the efforts were worth it.
Ingredients are the same but the style of making this dalgona coffee is different. All the main ingredients are whipped up with a whisk. If you use an electric beater it turns out to be fun chore making this coffee, whereas if you opt for whisking manually then it is going to take ages.
How to prepare Dalgona Coffee
Dalgona Coffee ingredients follow an equal proportion. If you decide to take 2 tablespoons of coffee powder, then sugar and hot water should be in equal quantities.
Just add coffee powder, sugar, and hot water to a deep bowl. Start whisking and go on until you have a whipped cream consistency. This will take about 5 to 7 minutes of whipping and more time if you do it manually.
Ingredients Of Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- Coffee – You can use any brand of Instant coffee powder. I have used Maxwell coffee granules which is an instant coffee. We cannot use the espresso from the coffee machine as it will not froth as much as the powder.
- Sugar – Use granulated sugar either white or even a combination of white and brown. You can use only brown sugar as well.
- Water used should be boiling hot and not warm.
- Milk – Dalgona coffee tastes better with chilled milk and ice. You can use fresh dairy milk or even vegan non-dairy milk.
- Cake Beater
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups of chilled milk
- 5 Ice cubes
- Take a deep bowl and add sugar, coffee powder, and hot water.
- With the help of a cake beater, whisk the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes. Or until you get a foamy whipped cream-like mixture.
- Take 2 tall glasses and add ice cubes. Pour chilled milk into both glasses.
- Top each glass with dalgona whipped coffee foam and serve.
If you have tried this dish, kindly give the feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends.
You can follow me on
Watch more recipe videos on Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ShanazRafiq
Email me: [email protected]