Crispy Roasted Red Potatoes is incredibly easy to prepare and just pairs perfectly with any main course. So versatile that you can serve this dish any time of the day.
How are Red Potatoes different from brown/white potatoes?
Apparently, red potatoes cook faster than regular white potatoes. Red potatoes are more like sweet potatoes with a thin peel. These are much tastier as compared to the white ones.
If you wish to use the same recipe for the usual white potatoes, then you need to first half boil the potatoes and then grill in the oven.
How do you cook red potatoes?
There is no need for pre-boiling the potatoes before roasting in the oven. You can straight away grill the marinated potatoes and it gets cooked within 15 to 20 minutes.
You can choose the ingredients for marination. Some prefer to add just salt and pepper, and some go overboard by making it too spicy. The choice is all yours.
How to serve Roasted Red Potatoes?
These roasted red potatoes are quite versatile. Generally, we just roast it and have it as finger food with a dip. The other way of serving is to make a salad out of these roasted potatoes. In a large bowl, along with roasted potatoes, add some fresh salad veggies like cucumbers, tomato, lettuce, etc. Serve this with grilled meat.
Step by step method of preparing Roasted Red Potatoes
You might also like:
Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe Video
Red Roasted Potatoes
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking dish
- 500 grams red potatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water and wipe it with a kitchen towel.
- If the potatoes are small in size, then cut into 4 pieces or else cut it into wedges.500 grams red potatoes chopped
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, dried oregano, chopped garlic, paprika powder, salt, and pepper powder.2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, 2 teaspoon paprika powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Add chopped potatoes to a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil mixture. Toss well and set aside for a few minutes.
- Spread the marinated potatoes on a baking tray. Place the baking tray on the middle rack and grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a dip.
If you have tried this dish, kindly give the feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends.
You can follow me on
Watch more recipe videos on Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ShanazRafiq
Email me: [email protected]