- 1 cup date paste
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1 cup = 250 ml
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Grease the baking dish with butter and flour or place a butter paper inside it.
- In a medium bowl sieve together flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric cake beater, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy (medium speed for 2 min). Lower the speed and add eggs one by one along with vanilla essence. Beat till you get a smooth mixture.
- Now add the dates paste and mix well on low speed for 30 sec.
- Add flour mixture slowly in batches and mix with a ladle gently folding into the butter mixture. Do not use the electric beater to mix the flour as it makes the cake hard and dry.
- Finally, add chopped nuts and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking dish and even out on all sides for even cooking. Bake for 30 to 40 min or until the knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack and serve.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.