I had been hunting for a recipe for a perfect chocolate cake. Whenever I tried to prepare, I always ended up with a cake which has a dry texture. Finally, it was my niece, Huda who guided me to a site that has the perfect chocolate recipe, and she too prepares the best cakes. You see most of my family members are super duper cooks. I could not wait even for a single day to get myself messy with the baking procedure. This one has been taken from Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake. Thanks, Huda for sharing this recipe with me.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot boiling water
Chocolate Frosting Recipe:
- 100 gms butter soft
- ⅔ cups cocoa powder
- 3 cups icing sugar
- ⅓ cup milk little more if needed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For chocolate cake
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C. Spread a butter paper in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric beater beat oil, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla essence for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl sieve together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture little by little into the wet mixture and keep blending.
- Stir in the hot boiling water to the cake batter and mix well for few seconds. Now the consistency of the batter will be thin and watery. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Mine usually takes about 40 to 45 min.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove the cake from the pan and cool it on a wire rack. Wait till it is completely cooled down before frosting the cake.
For Chocolate Icing:
- For Chocolate Icing: Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add a small amount of additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting. As you can see in the picture for the white icing just remove cocoa powder and mix all other ingredients into a smooth fluffy butter icing.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.