Lemon Cheesecake is a no-bake dessert made without gelatine with lemon flavor. An ideal dessert to be served at parties.
Most of my readers are not too comfortable using gelatin in their cooking…either it is not easily available or maybe they do not like its smell. Whatever the reason, this recipe does not demand any gelatin and yet sets so well that you can cut it out easily into bars or wedges.
For the base:
- 12 digestive biscuit crumbs
- 50 grams melted unsalted butter 2 to 3 tbsp
For the Filling:
- 300 grams philadelphia cream cheese or any other brand
- 200 grams condensed milk
- 2 sachets of dream whip powder + 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- ½ cup lemon juice
To prepare the base:
- Grease the base of 23 cm springform tin. Combine the biscuit crumbs with melted butter and press the mixture evenly onto the base of the tin. (use the bottom of the glass to press evenly ). Refrigerate until firm.
To prepare the cheese filling:
- Make whipped cream by whipping dream whip powder (2 sachets) with 1 cup cold milk till peaks are formed.
- In a separate bowl using an electric hand beater mix together cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon rind together.
- Now slowly without using the hand beater add in the whipped cream to the cheese mixture, this should be done with a ladle or big spoon and mix gently.
- Pour this filling over the prepared biscuit base and set in the refrigerator for minimum 4 to 5 hrs.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.