Chicken & Potato Cutlets
- 4 cups of boiled and mashed potatoes
- 500 grams boneless chicken boiled and shredded
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp each ginger & garlic paste
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Few mint leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheese optional
- Oil for cooking
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onion. Fry till soft and light pink. Then add all the ingredients in the list from ginger & garlic paste till pepper powder. Cook the mixture well till the all the raw smell turns aromatic. If the masala sticks to the pan add little water.
- Now dry up all the moisture and add shredded chicken, coriander leaves, mint leaves, lemon juice, and salt. Remove from heat, set aside and cool.
- Add chicken mixture to the boiled potatoes along with grated cheese. Check the seasoning(salt, and lemon) by tasting accordingly.
- Take about 2 tbsp of the mixture on your palm, roll into a smooth ball and flatten it.You can give any shape you desire e.g heart shape, oval shape, square etc.
- Coat each cutlet into the bread crumbs and shallow fry on both sides untill golden.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.