Mexican Chicken stuffing wrapped in tortilla making it a great party appetizer which can be served cold or warm.
We are almost a week away from the holy month of Ramadan. At this time I am usually busy preparing for this month not only in terms of cooking but also the other preps which are equally important. Apart from getting mentally ready for the fasting season, I make sure that my house is clutter-free. So I do a quick and brief decluttering of my wardrobes which also helps me sort out things and clothes that need to be donated.
Another reason for all my meal preps is that I get more time for the Quran recitation and other prayers. Hence, I have made an exclusive post on Meal Prep Ideas to make the cooking process during the Ramadan days feel like a breeze.
We are almost a week away from the holy month of Ramadan. At this time I am usually busy preparing for this month not only in terms of cooking but also the other preps that are equally important.
Apart from getting mentally ready for the fasting season, I make sure that my house is clutter-free. So I do a quick and brief decluttering of my wardrobes which also helps me sort out things and clothes that need to be donated.
More stuffing recipes for making a variety of pinwheels
You can watch the video here
Mexican Chicken Pinwheels
For Chicken Stuffing
- 2 cups boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika or Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped tomato
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon sour cream or regular cream
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
For Tortilla/Roti (Makes 10 medium size rotis)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour Maida
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water or little less than that
- Few tooth pics
- Green olives as required cut into half & deseeded
- Tomato slices without seeds
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry chopped garlic for a few seconds. When it starts to change color, add chopped onion and green chilies. Saute onion till soft and pink.
- To this add, 1 tablespoon paprika, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper powder and fry for 1 minute. Then add cooked & shredded chicken along with salt as needed. Mix everything well and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove this stuffing to a large bowl and set it aside to cool.
- Once the stuffing is cooled down, add chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped capsicum, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, and red chili sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl make a smooth dough by first mixing together plain flour, baking powder, oil, and salt. Slowly add warm water little by little and gently knead till you get a soft dough. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Take the dough and divide it into 10 or more lemon size balls. Roll out into medium size roti or tortilla of 6 inches in diameter. Heat a pan and cook the roti on both sides till puffed and cooked (2 to 3 minutes on each side).
- Take a cooked roti and place 2 tablespoons of chicken stuffing in the center. With help of a spatula, spread the mixture evenly over the roti (watch the video to see all the steps). Roll the roti tightly from one end to the other end. Repeat the step with all other rotis.
- Set aside the rolls for 15 minutes. With help of a sharp knife, neatly cut 2-inch slices and secure the slices with a toothpick. You can also add a slice of tomato and olive for extra flavor.
- Serve cold or warm as an appetizer.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention it in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with daily recipe share, follow my Facebook Page.