This recipe has been attempted from a cookbook magazine called ” The Australian Woman’s Weekly Cookbooks”. A very easy and basic cake recipe… take this as a base you can just substitute the flavors you like for example lemon, orange, and so on. Very useful for those trying to bake a cake for the first time.
Cut 'n' Keep Butter Cake
- 125 grams butter softened room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ¼ cups 275 gms castor sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups 200 gms plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon full baking powder
- ½ cup 125 ml milk at room temperature
- 1 cup = 250 ml
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease a deep 20 cm round cake pan lined with baking paper.
- Take a deep mixing bowl and beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. You will see a slight change in color to a lighter shade. Now add eggs one by one and keep mixing till eggs are well blended along with vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl sift together plain flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add this mixture to the egg and butter mixture and beat on low speed. At this stage, you can even mix it manually with help of a ladle. But do not over mix after adding flour.
- Slowly pour in the milk and mix well till u get a smooth cake batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 40 min. When you insert a metal skewer in the center part of the cake, it should come out clean without any batter sticking to it. This means your cake is baked.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave for 5 min. Turn the cake upside down on a wire rack and let it cool for sometime. Dust cake with icing sugar and serve when it is cold.
If you have any queries regarding the recipe, do mention them in the comments section and I shall get back to you.
Kindly give feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends. To catch up with the daily recipes, follow my Facebook Page.