Raw Mango and Peanut Thai salad will be your new favorite dish if you are planning to lose weight. This salad is totally delicious and refreshing.
You will love the Asian-style dressing that is sweet, spicy, and tangy at the same time. Every bite of the salad has a nutty crunch from the toasted peanuts.
Substitutes to make this Raw Mango Peanut Thai salad
Sweet Raw Mango
Sweet raw mangoes are perfect for making salads. These mangoes are usually big in size. In spite of being raw, they are sweet and slightly sour.
Thai mangoes and Totapuri are perfect for making this salad.
However, if you do not find any sweet raw mango, you can always make this salad with pineapples.
Three Colored Capsicum
They add color and volume to this salad. Red and yellow capsicum are on the sweeter side that gives the salad extra flavors.
But adding only green capsicum is also good in case if you do not have colored peppers. You can add also add carrots if you wish.
Pomelo can be substituted with orange or grapefruit.
More Salad Recipes
Raw Mango and Peanut Thai Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 sweet raw mango or pineapple
- 1 cup sliced capsicum of 3 colors or only green
- 1 cucumber sliced or juliened
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup peeled and chopped pomelo or orange
- ½ cup toasted peanuts slightly crushed and not powdered
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup orange juice or any fruit juice
- ¼ teaspoon grated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes or red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the chopped salad vegetables and fruits. Refrigerate for at least an hour.1 sweet raw mango or pineapple, 1 cup sliced capsicum of 3 colors, 1 cucumber sliced or juliened, 1 medium onion sliced, 1 cup peeled and chopped pomelo or orange
For Salad Dressing
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and refrigerate it.2 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon grated garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Just before serving, add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Finally, top the salad with toasted crushed peanuts and nigella seeds.1/2 cup toasted peanuts, 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- Serve chilled.
If you have tried this dish, kindly give the feedback in the comment section and send me your pics of tried dishes through email or DM on Instagram. Do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and share it with your friends.
You can follow me on
Watch more recipe videos on Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ShanazRafiq
Email me: [email protected]